PAGES

Birchbox UK May 2014 - Harper's Bazaar Collaboration

Hello!

Have been away with work but now want to tell you all about the FAB May Birchbox, a collaboration with Harper's Bazaar!


This month's box has a 'great outdoors' theme and flicking through the Great Outdoors Beauty Guide that came too got me all excited for the summer fun ahead. The design of the box itself was gorgeous and as a bonus, this box comes with an offer for a discounted subscription for Harper's Bazaar, and I'm definitely tempted to sign up!

Onto the contents - I have to say this month is up there as one of my all-time favourites; good quality, well selected products from premium brands.







Beauty Protector Protect & Shampoo/Protect & Condition - these were welcome items in this month's box. I received a Beauty Protector sample in my first ever Birchbox but sadly the spray didn't work so I didn't really get to try out the brand. This shampoo and conditioner mini set were therefore the perfect opportunity to try Beauty Protector out; the brand definitely seem to be a favourite of Birchbox's so I want to understand the hype! So far, I've used the miniatures once (they're a handy size to put in my gym bag!) and am a fan. Great scents, shampoo feels luxurious and the conditioner made light work of detangling and re-nourishing my chlorine-soaked hair. Each sample looks to be about 35ml and the full-sized versions are £14 each.

Benefit They're Real! Mascara - no prizes for guessing that this one was well-received! I've wanted to try out this cult Benefit mascara for a while and so was really pleased to find it in this month's box. I've used it a couple of times and am so far impressed with the volume and length it gives my lashes. It doesn't look to clump too much either - hurrah! Will keep using this one and see if it converts me...! This 0.1oz sample is worth £6.50 (£19.50 for 0.3oz full size).

Soigné Nail Polish in Persimmon - this was my favourite item this month! A full-sized nail polish that felt so premium to open (Chanel-like box and then protective foam inside) and in a gorgeous summery orange shade too. I gave this polish a go and was really, really impressed with its durability. My nails have a horrible tendency to chip and yet this polish lasted 5 days without a single chip! (I then had to take it off, rather than it not last any longer - who knows how long it could have lasted!). If you're after a long lasting shade for a holiday etc, I would definitely recommend Soigné. Full-sized product so worth £11.

Aromatherapy Associates Revive Morning Bath & Shower Oil  - I had heard of Aromatherapy Associates but never used or owned anything from them and this oil looks really luxurious. It's a fairly small sample but I get the impression that a little might go a long way. Am yet to try it but it smells good (pink grapefruit, rosemary and juniper berry, apparently..). Harper's Bazaar's Beauty Director Sophie Bloomfield recommends it for travelling to 'beat that post-flight sluggish feeling' so this one might be joining me in Dubai very soon! 3ml sample worth £4.23.

Liz Earle Beauty Co. Cleanse & Polish Hot Cloth Cleanser - this item felt like a little extra treat, straight from a spa somewhere! I was excited to get a Liz Earle facial product as I'm looking for a new daily face wash and had been eyeing up some Liz Earle products so this could be just the ticket! Inside the little parcel you get a 30ml sample of the cleanser, as well as a Liz Earle face cloth and an ultimate cleansing guide which details how to use the Hot Cloth Cleanser (massage into dry skin in circles, rinse cloth in hot water and gently wipe cream off face, splash face with cool water then use toner/moisturiser for those interested!). Really pleased with this item and can't wait to give it a whirl - I'll let you know how I get on. This 30ml sample is worth £3.98.

This month's box was uh-mazing. There's not a product I didn't like and I have got a couple of new brands as well as some I knew but wanted to try out - the guys at Birchbox seem to have got the balance just right this time! Hope you enjoyed it, any questions or comments please leave them below or get in touch on Twitter - I'd love to hear what you thought of the box this month :)!

JAM x


No comments:

Post a Comment