PAGES

Saturday Style Sessions - Day Look & MaxFactor Thoughts!

Hi guys! If you read last week's post you'll know I'm enjoying make up lately and this week have been trying out the new MaxFactor goodies I bought. As part of this, I thought I'd show you my weekend daytime makeup look (I tend to wear much lighter makeup during the week at work). All the make up I used is below:

Revlon Balm Stain (see previous post), Maybelline lipstick, Philosophy Be Your Best BB Cream, MaxFactor bronzer in 02 Bronze, Benefit Erase Paste, Collection Blusher, MaxFactor 2000 Calorie mascara, MaxFactor Mono Eye Shadow in 06 Velvet Violet, L'Oreal Colour Appeal Eye Shadow in 150 Real Silver, Collection Work the Colour Trio (including cream used as highlighter, Eco Tools & Ruby and Millie brushes.

Now that we're heading into winter (big time, so it seems - it's been COLD!), one thing I have been trying is switching from golden glow bronzer look à la beach-style to using bronzer and blusher to enhance contours instead. I'm cautious about too much bronzer in the hollows of my cheeks, particularly my new one as it is fairly deep in colour, so have been trying to avoid being heavy handed. Below is mid-way through, before any eye makeup:


The other thing I have been experimenting with is eye shadow. When the MaxFactor lady in Boots suggested purple for bringing out blue eyes, I'll admit that my first thoughts were: black eye... However, with some shimmery silver on the outer edge of the lid, I actually really like how this look came out! One complaint about my new shade, it's IMPOSSIBLE to open! I had to get J to help - not at all good for anyone with long/weak nails!

The final item I bought was the MaxFactor 2000 Calorie mascara and I have loved it. It's not at all clumpy, add loads of volume (maybe not QUITE the "300% more volume" claimed on pack...?!), and makes my lashes look lovely and long too. I am used to putting on two different mascaras to get the different benefits but actually feel like this one is good enough alone - winner!

Dodgy Eyebrow. Must. Get. Sorted!

Anyway, hope you enjoyed this post, any other thoughts on shades to suit blue eyes please let me know - looking forward to trying out more options so I need suggestions! Have a lovely weekend.
JAM x

No comments:

Post a Comment