PAGES

Green Eggs and (No) Ham

I got home from badminton after work tonight and wanted something really quick to eat that wasn't awful for me either. Going through a major egg-loving phase but had veg to use up too so I came up with (drum roll...) Green Eggs No Ham. And it was good! Eggs + courgettes + rocket + toast + parmesan.

Use a peeler to make courgette ribbons - I used a whole courgette for just my scrambled egg and it wasn't too much at all. Then fry the courgette in a frying pan and a little olive oil until soft.

Mmm, appetizing...





Beat two eggs and mix in a little milk, salt and pepper then add to the pan. Scramble like you normally scramble!





Meanwhile get toast on the go. And butter, obviously...

Add cooked egg and courgette to toasted toast (in a more attractive way than I did if possible..!)



Now you have the chance to get all fancy gourmet! I had rocket to use up so put some on top (which was delicious, by the way) and then used the vegetable peeler again to flake some parmesan on top. I even added the compulsory 'gourmet' drizzle of olive oil.


And I have to say, it was done in less than ten minutes and totally yum. Green Eggs No Ham is a new after-work-been-to-badminton-can't-be-bothered-to-cook hit!


 JAM.


No comments:

Post a Comment